There’s no doubt about it – the venue that you choose for your wedding will have a significant impact on the day itself. We might be biased, but we think that barn wedding venues really do offer couples everything. So, if you’re trying to decide on the perfect location for your wedding or if you’re wondering why barns are the best backdrops for weddings, then read on. Here are 10 reasons to choose a barn wedding venue.
1. Barn wedding venues are perfect for a rustic country wedding. Here at Upwaltham Barns, we’re surrounded by rolling fields and stunning countryside – perfect for romantic photos at any time of year.
2. Barns look amazing when they’re decorated for weddings. The South Barn at Upwaltham Barns has plenty of character and charm in its own right whilst also being a blank canvas that works perfectly with any theme or colour palette.
3. There are plenty of outside spaces too. The courtyard and gardens at Upwaltham Barns sit in between the East and South Barns, and they are an idyllic spot for post-ceremony drinks and canapes (and the essential ‘confetti shot’!).
4. If you choose to hold your ceremony at your barn wedding venue, you can make the most of every moment of your day without travelling between locations. The East Barn at Upwaltham Barns has views over the South Downs and is a beautiful location for your wedding vows.
5. Barns have lots of personality, and each one is different. There are details, features and special touches everywhere at Upwaltham Barns that make it utterly unique. From wrought iron chandeliers and authentic wooden beams wrapped in fairy lights to large windows, original details and even underfloor heating, there’s lots to love.
6. Having everyone ‘under one roof’ really lets the atmosphere build but there’s always space for any guests who need a few moments of peace. The Stable Bar at Upwaltham leads into the South Barn so guests can take a breather without leaving the evening party.
7. Lots of barn wedding venues also provide areas for those all-important bridal preparations and even accommodation for the night of your wedding. Jasmine Cottage at Upwaltham is the perfect cottage for your wedding day. There’s plenty of space for a bride and her maids to get ready, and it’s a luxurious hideaway for your first night as a married couple.
8. Barn wedding venues, such as Upwaltham Barns, are wedding specialists. They don’t operate as hotels, there aren’t lots of people coming, and going and you have exclusive use of the venue. Not only that, but the team in charge is entirely focussed on making sure every wedding is perfect, for the couple and their guests.
9. Barns are also fantastic at any time of the year. With Upwaltham Barns being in the countryside, you get a wonderful sense of the seasons. So, whether it’s a bright summer wedding or a cosy winter wedding you’re wanting, the surroundings and barns at Upwaltham Barns are ideal.
10. If you want to put your own stamp on your day, barn wedding venues offer you lots of opportunities to get creative. From fantastic reception decorations, homemade favours, great wedding signage and one-of-a-kind table plans, barns look brilliant when they’re full of homemade details.
If you’d like to arrange a time to come and visit us at Upwaltham Barns, do get in touch. We’d love to show you around so that you can see for yourself just what makes our barns so unique. In the meantime, why not take a look at these top wedding planning tips from real brides? You’re sure to find some ideas that will make your wedding planning journey a whole lot easier!
Are you looking for a brochure?
Simply get in touch and we will send one straight away.Request a brochure
Need to check if your big day is available?
Get in touch to check available dates.Check a date
Plan a visit to Upwaltham Barns
Seeing the venue first hand is the best way to experience it.Plan a visit